NTS bursary scheme for clerks to smaller councils
The core principles and structure of the scheme remain although the criteria has been revised as follows:
- The bursary is available to clerks and administrative assistants to councils with an annual turn over under £25,000
- The amount claimable will be 50% of the cost of training to a maximum of £100
- The grant can be used for events and training courses related to council work or business (confirmed by the Chairman's signature on the application)
- One application can be made per council per financial year
- Funds will be transferred via BACS payment directly to the council’s bank account.
- Confirmation of bursary approval will typically be issued within one week of the receipt of the application form; payment will be made within three weeks of approval
It is also hoped that these changes will encourage the take up and attendance of smaller events and courses which support the NTS Continuous Professional Development (CPD) scheme. It hopes to enable clerks to smaller councils to access a greater variety of events, courses and training which will develop their professional portfolio of skills.
Additional criteria are confirmed as:
- The event or training course may start on the date of application but must start/take place within 12 months of bursary confirmation
- the event or training course cannot be claimed for retrospectively
- Support with Working With Your Council (WWYC) will continue under the new scheme
- Support towards the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) registration fee can be claimed if the training is linked to courses or events that directly support its completion
The scheme will be open from Monday June 1st. For an application form please click here
Page updated 14 September 2012