Calling all smaller councils…We are now just one month away from the deadline for all Transparency Fund applications and we want as many local councils as possible to apply before it’s too late. The deadline for all applications is 5pm on 12 February 2018.
The Transparency Fund has been running for just over two years and has, so far, funded 4,331 applications worth over £3m. The Fund has helped thousands of local councils with a turnover of less than £25,000, comply with the Smaller Authorities Transparency Code.
The Fund allows eligible councils to apply for the following:
Website set up costs (up to £500);
Internet connection set up costs (up to £300);
Staffing costs (up to 50 hours per year with a rate up to £15 per hour);
IT training (up to £400);
Laptop/computer (up to £350);
Software set up costs (up to £200);
Scanner (up to £100)
To make sure you receive your funding we have formed a top five tips for Transparency Fund applicants. See our top tips below:
- Use the correct application form – we only accept applications on the most recent form so please make sure with your county association that you have the 2017/18 form. Please remember all applications should be in Microsoft Excel format.
- Provide as many details as possible – we only accept applications which are fully filled out. Please remember to include your turnover and bank details.
- Turnovers that exceed £25,000 – If your turnover exceeds £25,000 for this financial year please provide your annual turnover for 16/17 and 15/16. Your application will be rejected if you don’t.
- Applications that include monthly costs – Please ensure that you include hours per month, hourly rate and a date from when your local council would like to claim. Without these we will not be able to process your application.
- Use of personal equipment – Your council should own the equipment they are using. If your council is using a clerk or councillor’s personal equipment you could be eligible to claim for new equipment for your council.