NALC's Larger Councils Committee is the voice for larger local (parish and town) councils across England. It represents local councils with either an electorate of 6,000 or a budgeted annual turnover/income of £600,000 or more.
The committee has an exciting spread of representation from the local council sector and the following vacancies are available for 2020:
- Councillor (four places are available)
- Clerk (two places are available)
If you are interested in being a candidate for election to the Committee for the 2020-21 tenure please take note of the below timescales for the election process for 2019:
- Nominations open – 25 July 2019
- Nominations closed – 13 September 2019
- Voting begins – 23 September 2019
- Voting ends – 15 November 2019
- Results published – 18 November 2019
- Tenure starts – 1 January 2020
- Tenure ends – 31 December 2021
The nomination phase for these elections has now ended. The voting process for this committee will be online only and has now commenced.
Online votes can only be cast by larger councils with an annual budgeted income or spend of £600,000 or more. Councils must be members of their county and National Associations of Local Councils. One completed online voting form per larger council for the direct councillor and one form for the elected clerk votes only will be accepted. Online voting will close on 15 November 2019. Results will be published online on 18 November 2019.
Completed candidate forms and online voting links opened on 23 September and are as below: