NALC's Larger Councils Committee is the voice for larger local (parish and town) councils across England. It represents local councils with either a budgeted annual turnover/income of £500,000 or more/an electorate of 6,000 or more.
The committee has an exciting spread of representation from the local council sector and the following vacancies are available to fill by election to 2020:
- Councillor – four places are available for election to the Larger Councils Committee for 2019/20)
- Clerk – two places are available for election to the Larger Councils Committee for 2019/2020)
- Supers Councils’ Network councillor – two seats available (a super council is a larger council with either a precept income of £1m from the previous financial year or an in-year budgeted turnover of £1.5m per year.
If you are interested in being a candidate for election to the committee for the 2019/20 tenure, please take note of the below timescales for the election process for 2018:
- Nominations open: 13 July 2018
- Nominations close: 7 September 2018
- Voting opens: 17 September 2018
- Voting closes: 5 November 2018
- Results published online: 6 November 2018
- Tenure starts: 1 January 2019
- Tenure ends: 31 December 2020
Candidate pack | view candidate pack
Elected councillor | download nomination form
Elected clerk | download nomination form
Super Councils’ Network councillor | download nomination form
This year the voting process will be online only.
More information will be made available with a voting link in due course.