NALC's Larger Councils Committee is the voice for larger local (parish and town) councils across England. It represents local councils with either an electorate of 6,000 or a budgeted annual turnover/income of £600,000 or more.
The committee has an exciting spread of representation from the local council sector and the following vacancies are available for 2020:
- Councillor (four places are available)
- Clerk (two places are available)
If you are interested in being a candidate for election to the Committee for the 2020-21 tenure please take note of the below timescales for the election process for 2019:
- Nominations open – 25 July 2019
- Nominations closed – 13 September 2019
- Voting begins – 23 September 2019
- Voting ends – 15 November 2019
- Results published – 18 November 2019
- Tenure starts – 1 January 2020
- Tenure ends – 31 December 2021
This year, NALC has made the application process simpler with only one nomination form for all candidates. For more information on the committee and the election process, please read our Larger Councils Committee candidate pack .
Candidates should complete the nomination form by 13 September 2019 and send to NALC at .
In 2019 the voting process for this committee will be online only. More information will be made available in due course.