Job vacancy: Arborfield & Newland Parish Council
Arborfield & Newland Parish Council is looking for a clerk and responsible financial officer to join their team.
Job title: Clerk and responsible financial officer
Organisation: Arborfield & Newland Parish Council
Salary: £28,672 - £32,234 (SCP LC2 - 24-28) — per annum, pro-rata and depending on skills and experience
Application deadline: 30 July 2021
Phone number: 01189 761 489
Arborfield & Newland Parish Council is advertising the position of clerk and responsible financial officer (RFO) and is currently inviting applications for this role based in the council office in Arborfield Village Hall.
The role includes:
- Advising the council to ensure that it acts within its powers and in accordance with local government legislation and to make sure that correct procedures are followed in all the council’s decision-making processes.
- Preparing agendas and producing minutes in respect of council and committee meetings, acting out approved decisions, liaising with contractors, Wokingham Borough Council and residents on various matters relating to the council’s activities.
- Overseeing the maintenance of the council’s assets including Arborfield Park which includes a playground, pavilion building, commemorative trees and a football pitch, Pound Copse (a Wildlife Woodland site), the maintenance of the old churchyard at Hall Farm, bus shelters, streetlights, notice boards, benches and a phone kiosk used as a book lending library.
- Line manager for the pavilion caretaker.
They are looking for:
- Someone who is a confident communicator, self-motivated and able to multitask with close attention to detail in all their work.
- Previous administrative experience is essential.
- Applicants must demonstrate good organisation, communication and IT skills together with administering, keeping and reporting adequate financial records for the council.
- Previous local government knowledge along with CiLCA qualification, however, training will be provided. A commitment to achieving CiLCA together with knowledge of Arborfield will be a definite advantage.