Job vacancy: Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Association of Local Councils
Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Association of Local Councils are looking for a county officer to join their team.
Job title: County officer
Organisation: Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Association
Salary: £32,910 - £35,745 (SCP29-32)
Application deadline: 27 October 2021
Phone number: 07875 694 465
The current county officer is retiring so an exciting opportunity has arisen to join a well-established county association and team based in Aylesbury but with flexible working from home on agreement from the Executive Board.
- The role is for 30 per week, but full time (37 hours) would be considered.
- Some evening work is necessary, with time off in lieu.
- Salary: £32,910 –£35,745 — SCP 29 – 32 (pay award pending), pro-rata and depending on the applicant’s qualification and experience
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Leave in line with the NJC provisions
- Location - County Hall. Aylesbury but flexible working arrangements will be considered As county officer. Your role will include for example:
- Advise and support member councils, this will require an understanding of the framework within which local councils work.
- Liaise with the National Association of Local Councils, Unitary Authorities, and member councils.
- Organise and deliver training courses via internal and external organisations.
- Management of a team of two.
- Servicing BMKALC committees - production of agenda, minutes etc.
- Financial management of the Association
- Increase membership of BMKALC
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 1 November 2020.
Job description and person specification are available on request. Please phone or email the council.
Would you please apply either in writing or by email, including a CV and outlining the reasons for applying.