Job vacancy: Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Association of Local Councils
Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Association of Local Councils are looking for a deputy county officer to join their team.
Job title: Deputy county officer
Organisation: Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Association of Local Councils
Salary: £24,982 – £27,741 (pro-rata)
Application deadline: 29 October 2021
Phone number: 07875 694 465
The present deputy county officer is returning to a clerk’s role, so an exciting opportunity has arisen for an eager well-motivated person to join the association based in Aylesbury.
As deputy county officer, your role will include, for example:
- Advise and support member councils.
- Assist with answering enquiries on council procedures, processes, and general enquiries from our member councils. This will require an understanding of the framework within which local councils work.
- Organise training courses using internal and external resources.
- Servicing BMKALC committees — production of agenda, minutes, etc.
- Financial transactions, invoicing on behalf of the association.
- 25 hours per week.
- Some evening work is necessary, with time off in lieu.
- Salary — £24,982 FTE - £27,741 FTE (NJC SCP 18-23), pro-rata (pay award pending).
- Annual Leave — 22 days (three extra days after five years with local government) + two extra statutory days per annum plus bank/public holidays. Holiday pro-rata for part-time hours.
- Location — County Hall, Aylesbury.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 1 November 2021.