Job vacancy: Bodmin Town Council
Bodmin Town Council is looking for an estates manager to join their team.
Organisation: Bodmin Town Council
Salary: £29,174 to £31,895 (SCP 24 to 27)/£32,798 to £35,336 (SCP 28-31) may be considered subject to qualifications and experience
Application deadline: 6 July 2022 (12 pm)
Phone number: 01208 76616
Due to the planned retirement of our current estates manager towards the end of 2022 we now aim to recruit early for a replacement to work alongside the current postholder to learn the role.
- To be the estates manager for Bodmin Town Council formally reporting to committee/council as appropriate. To be responsible for the line management of all personnel engaged in the estates team. To be lead officer for the estates committee, its sub-committees and working parties.
- To lead the work of the estates team and carry out the policies and instructions of the estates committee in providing an effective and efficient service to the community of Bodmin.
- To develop, manage and contribute to the achievement of the council’s targets and objectives in conjunction with the town clerk and other service heads, and serve as a member of the officer’s management team.
- To explore, develop and strengthen community engagement with community/residents’ groups, charities, 'friends of' etc and to explore partnership opportunities – may include private sector involvement.
- A dynamic, forward thinking, passionate approach to service delivery and innovative ideas for alternative ways of operating the services.
- Management of all aspects of the council's parks, open spaces and cemetery burial services. Also, for the management, maintenance and security of all buildings under the purview of the estates committee.
- The successful candidate will also be required to effectively manage all matters relating to the council’s health and safety.
- The estates manager’s role is to manage building refurbishment/develop contract arrangements for the project.
Applications only accepted via a Bodmin Town Council application form which can be found on their website.