Job vacancy: Wetherby Town Council
Wetherby Town Council is looking for a facilities manager to join their team.
Wetherby Town Council is seeking to appoint a facilities manager who will be directly responsible for the maintenance and safety of the council’s buildings, amenities, green spaces and play facilities. This will require regular liaison with other council officers, the supervision of staff involved in these areas, and contractors' monitoring.
Specific accountabilities will include:
- The facilities management of all buildings owned by the council.
- Safety inspections of play areas, equipment, monuments, and other structures in the cemetery.
- Optimisation of Wetherby Town Council’s grounds maintenance arrangement and responsibility for agreeing, implementing, and monitoring contracts for grounds maintenance, grass cutting, strimming, litter picking, weed treatment, trees and hedge trimming.
- Working with other council officers and organisations to address the climate emergency by initiating ways to reduce CO emissions from the council’s activities, properties and facilities.
- Working with voluntary groups in the community.
- Given the geographical spread of the council’s amenities, a clean current driving licence is essential.
Please download a recruitment pack and application form from the council website. For all enquiries, please contact Stephen Butt, managing this local council consultancy recruitment process on behalf of Wetherby Town Council.