By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.nalc.gov.uk/
NALC congratulates New Year’s Honours 2017
NALC would like to congratulate individuals from the local councils’ sector on being recognised in the New Year’s Honours list.
Cllr Sue Baxter, chairman of NALC, said: “Congratulations to everyone from the local councils sector who has received an award in the New Year’s Honours list. It is brilliant that these people have been acknowledged in this way for their outstanding contribution, impact on public service and dedication to local communities.”
Member of the British Empire (MBE):
- Barnaby Usborne. For recognition of his work with the Chiltern Society and the community in The Lee, Buckinghamshire. Former chair of the Lee Parish Council.
British Empire Medal (BEM):
- Cllr Eric Carter. For services to the community in New Frankley, Birmingham. [New Frankley Parish Council]
- Cllr Jane Coston. For services to the community in Milton, Cambridgeshire. [chair of Milton Parish Council]
- Cllr Derek Old. For services to the community in Ibberton in North Devon. [Ibberton Parish Council]
- Cllr Gordon Routledge. For services to the community in Longtown, Cumbria. [Arthuret Parish Council]
- Cllr John Clowes. For services to the community in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. [Holmes Chapel Parish Council]
- Cllr Peter Bromell. For services to the community in Tedburn St Mary, North Devon. [Tedburn St Mary Parish Council]
- Cllr Sheila Bruce. For services to the community in Kinnerley, Shropshire. [Kinnerley Parish Council]
- Doug Haynes. For services to the community in Beeston, Cheshire. [Clerk to Beeston Parish Council]
For more information and the full list of honours, please read here