NALC ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2019
28/29 October 2019
NALC’s Annual Conference and Exhibition 2019 is an essential event for anyone interested in the role of local (parish and town) councils in strengthening their communities. So join them and other parts of the public, private and voluntary sectors to discuss some of the key policy issues of the moment affecting the country and communities.
The event will reinforce NALC’s vision for local councils to be the natural focus for a range of public activity and service delivery; giving a democratic voice to those communities working in partnership with other agencies.
This vision puts local councils at the heart of building stronger communities in a post-Brexit world.
This will be a unique opportunity for councillors, clerks, county association officers, exhibitors and sponsors to network and share good practice, and to gain solutions to local issues which can help build stronger communities.
Now established as the biggest event in the local government calendar for local councils, the event provides:
- keynote speakers on the latest policy issues and developments affecting local councils including the secretary of state for Housing, Communities and Local Government (invited), chairman of the Local Government Association (LGA) (confirmed) and chairman of NALC (confirmed);
- practical workshops on a range of hot topics affecting councils including good practice, case studies and networking, and opportunities for questions and discussion;
- an expanded sector-specific exhibition showcasing products and services from organisations that can support your council’s every need;
- Star Council Awards 2019 presentations and dinner; &
- NALC annual general meeting.