NALC STUDY TOUR: FROME TOWN COUNCIL (POSTPONED)
Sponsored by Blachere Illumination.
NALC has decided based on the escalation of coronavirus that it is postponing the study tour to Frome on 8/9 June. This is after consultation with Frome Town Council and the relevant venues – for the collective wellbeing of delegates, staff and other colleagues due to attend. The study tour will now take place at a later date to be confirmed.
Given the nature of the circumstances, and these being out of NALC’s control, we do hope those scheduled to attend will understand.
More details will be made available in due course and NALC will be in direct contact with all delegates booked onto the event.
NALC has launched three new study tours across 2020/21 at three dynamic larger local (parish and town) councils. Each study tour will centre around a theme that is relevant to the work of many larger councils. The tours are an excellent opportunity to learn, gain knowledge, share good practice and network.
Learn and be inspired by Frome Town Council’s health and wellbeing offer. See how the council engages with Frome’s residents working with the charity, voluntary and community sectors to deliver and support health solutions in an area where funding has been cut.
Twelve places are available to this study tour.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Hear a presentation on health and wellbeing from the council
- Go on a bus tour of the health and wellbeing services offered by the council, which includes visits to a new charity to deliver a food and furniture bank function, community groups, a local GP practice, young people project, and the community of good neighbours project
- Engage in breakout groups to learn and share good practice on health and wellbeing with other sector delegates
- Stay at the fabulous George Hotel, just down the road from the town council’s offices
- Have an evening meal with other delegates, network and share good practice