NALC STUDY TOUR: FROME TOWN COUNCIL
Sponsored by Blachere Illumination.
8-9 June 2020 | Theme: Health and wellbeing | book tickets
NALC has launched three new study tours across 2020/21 at three dynamic larger local (parish and town) councils. Each study tour will centre around a theme that is relevant to the work of many larger councils. The tours are an excellent opportunity to learn, gain knowledge, share good practice and network.
Learn and be inspired by Frome Town Council’s health and wellbeing offer. See how the council engages with Frome’s residents working with the charity, voluntary and community sectors to deliver and support health solutions in an area where funding has been cut.
Twelve places are available to this study tour.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Hear a presentation on health and wellbeing from the council
- Go on a bus tour of the health and wellbeing services offered by the council, which includes visits to a new charity to deliver a food and furniture bank function, community groups, a local GP practice, young people project, and the community of good neighbours project
- Engage in breakout groups to learn and share good practice on health and wellbeing with other sector delegates
- Stay at the fabulous George Hotel, just down the road from the town council’s offices
- Have an evening meal with other delegates, network and share good practice