27 and 28 June 2023
Sponsors: BHIB Councils Insurance, Blachere Illumination and CCLA
NALC's annual study tour is back! This year we will be going to Newport Pagnell Town Council in Buckinghamshire. On this study tour, you will learn more about the council's devolved leisure services, how it manages its broader portfolio, and the challenges it faces.
This unique opportunity will give insight into why Newport Pagnell is one of England's most innovative towns. Newport Pagnell boasts the oldest working iron bridge in the country, and several of the town's hotels and public houses have been founded as coaching inns in past centuries. Today's Newport Pagnell offers visitors and residents all the amenities of a modern town.
NB: NALC reserves the right to cancel the study tour if the minimum booking numbers are not secured by 27 March 2023.
NBB: NALC reserves the right to change the programme at any time.
The study tour has limited availability (12 places), so tickets will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. We recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.
Tickets cost £240 plus VAT. The price includes the study tour, overnight stay and an evening meal. Please note the ticket does not include travel.
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
You will get exclusive behind-the-scenes access to Newport Pagnell Town Council, meet councillors and officers, and visit essential sites. Some of the highlights include:
- A bus tour of the council's leisure services with full commentary.
- A visit to the Willen Road Sports Ground to find out how the council manages the local leisure asset.
- Experience the Middleton Leisure Centre to learn how it's managed and how the council helps deliver the centre's aim of creating a physically active and emotionally engaged space for fitness, sport and wellbeing.
- Drop into the Newport Pagnell Youth Club to find out how the council delivers its superb local services for young people, including karate and self-defence, preschool care, performing arts and a fair.
- Learn how the council has taken on and made leisure services work for its residents on a multi-million-pound scale.
- A dinner with the mayor of Newport Pagnell Town Council and other attendees at the Holiday Inn, Milton Keynes East.
- Opportunities to network and share good practices with other attendees.
- A presentation on devolved leisure services from the Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Association of Local Councils.
- An overnight stay at the Holiday Inn, Milton Keynes East.