NALC publishes an activity report on the local council sector
The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) has published a quarterly report highlighting its activity within the sector.
Every quarter, NALC provides its National Assembly and Management Board with a report. It sets out what it has done in partnership with county associations on behalf of England's 10,000 local (parish and town) councils to help them build stronger communities.
Results presented to a Management Board meeting on 10 September 2019 included:
- Meetings with ministers on sector issues
- Lobbying on exempting toilets from business rates
- Facilitating the groundbreaking first Peer Review at Chippenham Town Council
- Highlighting the potential of the sector to principal authorities at the LGA Conference
- Research on the local elections earlier this year
- Publishing new Model Financial Regulations
- Dealing with over 200 legal enquiries
To find out more about the NALC's work sign-up to the weekly newsletter with all the latest news or subscribe to LCR magazine for exclusive interviews, articles from the best opinion formers, top tips and plenty more, or follow NALC on Twitter to keep up-to-date on the move.