NALC crowns Star Council Awards winners
The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) Star Council Awards winners were this evening announced at a celebratory ceremony at NALC’s Annual Conference.
The awards, which are sponsored by BHIB Councils Insurance, celebrate the positive difference England’s 10,000 councils, 100,000 councillors, 43 county associations, and thousands of clerks make to building strong communities.
This year’s winners are:
- Council of the Year: Woughton Community Council, Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes
- Councillor of the Year: Cllr Sarah Williams, Bridport Town Council, Dorset
- Young Councillor of the Year: Cllr Daniel Thomas, Much Wenlock Town Council, Shropshire
- Clerk of the Year: Donna Ford, Midsomer Norton Town Council, Avon
- County Association Project of the Year: Northamptonshire County Association of Local Councils
Cllr Sue Baxter, chairman of NALC, said: “NALC received a record number of entries to this year’s awards, all telling us how the local council sector is making a difference to communities across the country. The awards demonstrate that local councils continue to be committed to improved working, community leadership and service delivery. They allow us to share good practice and promote the sector on the national stage. I would like to congratulate this year’s winners and urge all local councils to see what they can learn from their stories.”
NALC would like to thank its expert judging panel, the Lord Lieutenant of Buckinghamshire, the sponsors, trophy suppliers and all entrants and attendees for making the awards possible.