NALC heads to Yate Town Council for a study tour
The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) will head to Yate Town Council in Avon for its annual study tour as part of its good practices initiative.
After the resounding success of the 2023 study tour in Newport Pagnell, NALC will explore the vibrant community of Yate Town Council between 21 and 22 May 2024.
This exclusive event offers attendees a unique opportunity to gain behind-the-scenes access to Yate Town Council, facilitating interactions with councillors and officers while visiting pivotal sites. The tour promises an array of highlights, including:
- Embark on a guided bus tour of Yate Town Council's youth engagement services, with insightful commentary from council staff.
- Explore the renowned Armadillo Youth Cafe to understand how the council effectively manages this local youth hub.
- Immerse yourself in the allure of Kingsgate Park, featuring a lake, play area, coronation bench, and outdoor gym, learning about the council's sustainable management of this vital green space.
- Visit the Peg Hill Skate Park to witness the positive social and fitness outcomes for young individuals.
- Gain insights into the town council's promotion of broader youth health through its oversight of the Yate Outdoor Sports Complex (YOSC).
- Observe the URBIE youth vans in action and explore popular areas for youngsters.
- Cap off the day with a dinner hosted by the chair of Yate Town Council at the Poole Court offices, providing an opportunity to connect with delegates from councils across England.
- Network and exchange best practices from your councils with fellow attendees. Conclude the experience with a presentation on youth engagement by the Avon Local Councils Association.
With only 11 places available, NALC urges interested parties to register promptly to secure their spot and avoid disappointment. Ticket prices start from £245.00 plus VAT, which includes an overnight stay, evening meal, and the study tour.
Join NALC on this enriching journey to Yate, where local governance emerges, fostering knowledge exchange and community building among councils across England.
The study tour is proudly sponsored by Clear Councils Insurance, Blachere Illumination and CCLA.