The Property Flood Resilience Code of Practice launched
With climate change one of the biggest global threats we face and extreme weather events more frequent and more severe, the Property Flood Resilience Roundtable (PFRR) has launched the Property Flood Resilience Code of Practice.
The code of practice has been developed by industry professionals to help improve standards of investment in property flood resilience for professionals and communities.
Local (parish and town) councils can help promote the message via a communications resource that has been produced to highlight the importance of property flood resilience measures and the steps needed to be taken reduce the impact of any future floods. You can use it to:
- Post content on your social media channels — the drafted content in the communications pack is designed for businesses, homeowners, and professionals
- Share the Business in the Community (BITC) social media content related to the code of practice
- Link to BITC website pages and encourage partners to download Would your business premises be ready for a flood?
- Publish information on your website — they have developed content for websites and blogs
- Encourage your colleagues and partners to promote the code of practice messages.