The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) Smaller Councils’ Committee agreed on 2 August 2016 to encourage local councils to consider applying for one of the Alzheimer’s Society’s Dementia Friendly Awards 2016.
With just days to go until nominations closes on the 10 August 2016, there is still time to enter the 2016 Dementia Friendly Awards. The awards celebrate people, organisations and communities that make an outstanding contribution towards improving the lives and experiences of people with dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Winners are announced at the annual Dementia Friendly Awards ceremonies, which take place this year on 30 November 2016 in London and 12 October 2016 in Belfast.
Last year saw more than 300 applications. Alzheimer’s Society hopes to make this year’s awards bigger and better, with nine categories to choose from and four new awards:
- Dementia Journalism Award
- Inspiring Individuals Award
- Young Person(s) Contribution of the Year
- Dementia Friendly Community of the Year
- Dementia Partnership of the Year
- Dementia Innovation of the Year
- Dementia Friends Champion of the Year
- Dementia Friendly Organisation of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution of the Year
The awards are open to all in England, Wales and Northern Ireland and entering is easy. Simply visit www.alzheimers.org.uk/dementiafriendlyawards to complete an online entry form and find out more about the new categories we have for 2016. You’ll also find full award details, previous winner’s case studies and 10 top tips for a successful entry.